For most people, receiving facials once a month or every 4 to 6 weeks is the optimal frequency. This is because it takes around 4-6 weeks for our skin cells to travel from the bottom layer to the very top layer, referred to as the “cellular turnover rate.” More frequent facials than once a month may disrupt the normal cycle of skin cells, causing pain and unnecessary spending. People with susceptible skin or who are taking prescription drugs for skin issues may need to spread out their facials even further. To obtain the most out of your facial therapy, you should discuss your skin condition with your trusted plastic surgeon Mt Kisco and divulge all topical and oral medicine and products you take regularly. It is also critical to notify your dermatologist about any upcoming facials to avoid any interference with office cosmetic operations or treatments.
Different types of facial for your skin
It is not easy to choose which facial is ideal for you when you are planning to have one. It can be perplexing because each beauty establishment advertises and markets its facials differently.
1. Classic facial: This is the most basic form of facial, and it consists of heating your face, exfoliating, massaging, extracting, and finally adding moisturizers or serums. You should receive facials regularly to help preserve your skin and give you a beautiful appearance.
2. Microcurrent facial: This is a facial that uses an electric gadget. You can have this facial on its own or in conjunction with another type of facial. This procedure is painless and safe.
3. Chemical peel: Since chemicals are utilized to treat various skin disorders, this form of facial is more intrusive. Chemical peels are particularly efficient for rejuvenating your skin and removing wrinkles or fine lines, age spots, and scars. They also stimulate collagen production. The length of the healing period is determined by the type of chemical peel used.
4. Hydrating facial: This facial is designed to offer moisture to your skin and rehydrate any dry skin. Your skin will be more plump and supple as a consequence.
5. Acupuncture facial: This procedure involves gently inserting tiny needles into your skin to encourage collagen formation. This procedure will assist in tightening your skin, reducing wrinkles, and removing face scars.
6. Microdermabrasion: This is a minimally invasive facial in which a gadget is used to brush off the top layer of your skin while sucking the skin that comes off. When dead skin cells are eliminated from your skin, it promotes collagen and elastic development, making your skin appear younger and healthier.
7. Aromatherapy facial: This facial is typically preferred by people who want to unwind. During this treatment, your skin will be steam cleaned and cleansed, and essential oils will be administered to your face and neck. Your skin will be revitalized, and any stress will be relieved.
You can discuss your treatment objectives with the beauty salon or medical spa therapist before obtaining your facial so they can assist you in picking which treatment is ideal for you. Call The Center for Dermatology Cosmetic & Laser Surgery to make an appointment today to learn more about facial therapy.