A vascular specialist is a doctor who specializes in treating problems with veins, arteries, and other vessels. The surgeon performs surgeries on these vessels or performs procedures to prevent clots from forming in them. Tinley Park vein care specialists perform the following procedures:

Angioplasty:  In this procedure, the doctor uses a small catheter to clear blockages in your arteries. The doctor may also use a balloon device to open your blood vessels without cutting them open.

Stent placement: If you have an aneurysm that is causing you trouble, a stent may be placed in it to keep it from bursting. Your doctor will place the stent using X-ray images of your heart and artery.

Carpal tunnel release:  A carpal tunnel release can relieve pain and numbness caused by pinched nerves near your wrist. This is typically an outpatient procedure done under local anesthesia.

When to visit a vascular specialist

Swollen legs-Vascular disease is a condition that affects the blood vessels. In this type of vascular disease, the arteries and veins become swollen due to an abnormal increase in their diameter. This may be caused by diseases such as diabetes, high blood pressure, and heart disease. Swollen legs can be a sign that you need a vascular specialist.

Itchy skin: If you have an itchy rash, see your doctor. It is possible that a blood vessel in your skin is narrowing or leaking, causing the blood vessels in your skin to become inflamed. If this is the case, your doctor may treat the condition by cutting away some of the damaged areas of the skin and then closing up any open wounds with stitches. If not treated, this type of rash can spread to other parts of your body, causing more damage and possibly requiring surgery to fix it.

Lump in the skin: You may have a vascular condition if you have a lump in your skin. The most common type of vascular condition is varicose veins, usually red and swollen. Other common vascular conditions include spider veins and hemorrhoids.

Redness and swelling of legs: If you have redness, warmth, and swelling of your legs, you may have a vascular condition called venous insufficiency. This can be caused by poor circulation to the lower extremities, poor blood flow to the lower limbs, or decreased blood flow due to varicose veins.

Numbness or tingling in your fingers and toes: If you have numbness or tingling in your fingers and toes, this may be a sign of nerve damage. The most common cause of this is scleroderma, an autoimmune disease that causes inflammation and scarring in the skin and internal organs. Other causes include diabetes and multiple sclerosis (MS).

The easiest way to determine if you need vascular surgery is by consulting Vascular Specialists. They will not only check for any risk factors but can also provide more information on the condition and help you decide on a course of action. This process may take some time, but it is important to remember that every second counts when it comes to your health.

By Alexander James

Beau Alexander James: Beau, a mental health advocate, shares personal stories, coping strategies, and promotes mental health awareness and understanding.