Maintaining healthy teeth is crucial in boosting the quality of life. However, lifestyles and eating habits can negatively impact dental health. For instance, individuals can develop cavities and discoloration of teeth, undermining their self-esteem. If you experience such dental conditions, your solution lies within family dentistry Whitehall. The following are things you should know about family dentistry.
What are the life stages involved in dental care?
Family dentistry provides treatment for different ages and groups, which include the following;
· Babies: the onset of the milk teeth may come with some oral diseases such as tooth decay and cavities. Therefore, it is recommended to consult the family dentist to ensure the baby has a good oral condition.
· Early childhood: In this stage, the teeth are in a transitional phase in which the permanent teeth replace the baby teeth. It is necessary to seek home-based dental care services that help maintain strong and clean teeth.
· Young adults: in most cases, the teens may have poor eating habits, making them vulnerable to gum diseases and non-alignment of teeth. Therefore, family dentists’ role is to offer braces that straighten the teeth.
· Adults: individuals are at risk of losing some teeth due to conditions such as oral cancer. These conditions are more prevalent in individuals aged above thirty-five. Having an appointment with a family dentist can help replace the missing teeth with artificial ones.
· Seniors: Some oral conditions are common to individuals aged above sixty-five. These conditions include root decay and attrition. The family dentists help the seniors to maintain healthy dental habits that can reduce the severity of those conditions.
Why family dentistry?
The following are reasons why you should seek family dentistry;
To combat dental anxiety
Children perceive dental treatment procedures as a painful experience. This instance can even make the children reluctant to visit the dentist. However, choosing the right family dentist can boost children’s confidence, eventually improving their dental health.
It is convenient
Seeking individual dental care may not be easy, especially for a large family. For instance, it can be problematic to attend different appointments when your children are admitted differently. In such cases, you will have to sacrifice your normal activities to attend each appointment. However, family dentistry can offer a single meeting to offer dental care at the convenience of the entire family.
The family dentist focuses on a wide range of dental care. For example, they can educate the kids on preventive measures that help them maintain healthy teeth as they get old. Also, they conduct regular checkups, thus tracing the teeth problems at early stages.
Urgent dental services
Family dentistry ensures that you have a dentist whenever you develop a dental problem. For instance, you may have a knocked-out tooth, resulting in heavy gum bleeding. In such a scenario, you would have to seek urgent care that a family dentist can offer.
Many people develop dental problems right from a young age. If you have been battling dental problems, it’s time to seek a long-lasting solution. Advanced & Comfort Dentistry provides a team of professionals who offer specialized dental care. Visit the facility today to live a happy life again.